Tuesday 23 April 2013

~I haven't let (the lamp of) our love be extinguished~


The weather stretches its limbs.
Rain ripples and spreads.
A gust of wind will come and this light will be extinguished.
I haven't let (the lamp of) our love be extinguished.
O beloved, this lamp hasn't been put out, nor will it be.
The lamp of my desire!



My beloved, come to me now, my love...
With this lamp, every inch of my body is burning
Come to me now, lover;
O my love, come to me now, beloved!
There was distance (between us), a remoteness...
There was distance (between us), a remoteness, a world of separation;
my eyes were fixed in wait for you.




And you were there...
shining, sparkling, swaying in happiness,
and here I was, burning for you...
The clouds have thundered again;
with a great rumble the rains have fallen.
A wandering storm has arrived,
but it hasn't managed to quench you,


O my love, this light [hasn't been quenched], however much they torment it
the rain, the wind, the lightning!
My love, come to me now, my love
O my love, come to me now, beloved
Look at this crazy girl!
She knows nothing of the world.
A gust of wind will pass through,
and bring with it her lover.






No comments:

Post a Comment